Lately I take forever prepping my face for makeup, and in the evening taking it off.
In my teens and twenties it was easy shmeasy - put it on and wash it off (if I wasn't being lazy and going to bed with it still on). But lately, there are so many more steps!
Here's my not-so-little-anymore routine and some of the products I'm really digging lately. And no, I'm not being compensated for mentioning any of these products. Although, that would be nice ;)
1. In the morning, I start off fresh with some plain ol Dove bar soap. I also use this to remove my makeup at night (no more sleeping with my makeup on, unless I want to wake up with a mondo zit). I've always used Dove bars and probably always will. I have fairly sensitive skin, and this has never done me dirty.
2. Mornings only, I've started using Target's brand Apricot Scrub. I've never used a scrub until a few months ago. Hello!!! Why didn't anyone ever tell me how fabulous a scrub makes your skin feel?? Like butta.
3. Slap on some Olay moisturizer for sensitive skin. Another all time favorite. I also use this right after I wash my makeup off at night.
4. Toss on some eye wrinkle cream, day and night, for good measure. This is one of the newest additions :( I like to think it's going to make a difference in a few years.
5. When I'm appling makeup, after my base is on, I now use my newest best friend, Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. The angels are singing!!! No more dark circles. Gonzo.
And there you have it!
So, what are your go to beauty products? Anyone else finding that their routine is getting longer?